As most of you already know, one classification of non–monogamous relationship is the FB, meaning friends with benefits or fuck buddy. This is a woman you see sexually on a regular or semi-regular basis but whom you’re not dating. You have no emotional feelings for her beyond friendship. You don’t go out on dates with her, buy her gifts, spend the night, have long, emotional talks, none of that stuff. She’s just your friend who you have sex with occasionally.
FBs are far less work than any other type of sexual relationship (other than a pure prostitute of course). They take far less time than a girlfriend (LTR or OLTR). They also take less time and energy than a MLTR. This is because unlike an MLTR, an FB doesn’t want or expect a serious relationship with you, so she won’t pressure you for something more serious (and if she does, I’ll explain why in a minute).
For these reasons, FBs are wonderful. I’ve said for years that every man on Earth should have one or two FBs in his life, even if you’re married or have a girlfriend. Make sure these are open relationships, of course; cheating behind a woman’s back while hoping you won’t get caught is not Alpha.
Over the last 13 years I have always had at least two FBs in my life in addition to MLTRs. Today in my OLTR Marriage to Pink Firefly I have one “main” FB and a second “main” FB whom I see semi-regularly (usually weekly) and a few very sporadic, backup FBs who I can draw upon if one of my two main FBs are unavailable.
Here’s a very important point: The FB is the only type of female relationship that the Alpha Male 2.0 will have for literally the rest of his life.
Think about it:
MLTRs will come and go.
OLTRs and OLTR Marriages are only for certain older men at certain times in his life.
But FBs are truly forever; you should have them at all times, at all ages, utterly regardless of your relationship status.
Regardless of the fact they’re the easiest type of relationship to have, a FB still requires a certain level of relationship management, particularly if you have several of them. Here are a few keys to managing FBs for the long term, listed in no particular order.
1. Generally speaking, the younger the FB, the better. This is because the younger a woman is, the less ASD she has and the less likely she is to be a provider hunter. This means that she will be more comfortable with the casual nature of the FB relationship and will be so longer. I usually try to have my FBs be under the age of 27. Since being OLTR married, almost all of my FBs have been under age 23 because they don’t care about the fact I’m married. Once again, the younger, the better.
I’m not saying you can’t have FB relationships with women in their thirties or forties. You certainly can and I have. These are the exceptions though. As I talk about in my primary dating book, most women over the age of 33 are uncomfortable having sex that isn’t at least leading to a serious relationship.
2. If an FB ever starts pushing for something serious, it’s more than likely your fault. I have had scores of FBs of all ages and personality types over the course of the last 13 years of my life. Only one time have I ever had any of these women start leaning on me hard for something more. This is because I follow all the FB Cardinal Rules I describe in the Ultimate Open Relationships Manual. Things like not seeing them more than once a week, not giving a shit if they have sex with other men, keeping texting and phone contact to a minimum, and so on.
If you have a FB under the age of 33 who starts wanting something more serious from you, the odds are at least 90% you’re not managing the FB relationship correctly and are doing one or more things that are sending out “dating vibes.”
The only exceptions to this rule (that other 10%) is if you’re dating a woman who is coming from a hardcore traditional background (like an Indian woman born and raised in India) or a woman going through an odd time in her life (like a younger woman who’s just had sex with 37 guys and has suddenly become a born again Christian in order to emotionally deal with it).
3. FBs who already have boyfriends are usually the best. When a FB already has a boyfriend, this takes all the relationship pressures and possibilities off of you and 100% onto him, which is win-win for everyone (except for him, of course). Though there are always exceptions to this, most of the easiest FB relationships I’ve had were where when the FB had a boyfriend. Either she was cheating on him or she mandated an open relationship with him, both of which are common with younger women these days who have boyfriends. As I’ve said many times, women under the age of 23 are almost incapable of sexual monogamy. (Frankly, women age 24-27 these days aren’t much better. As always, the closer the West comes to cultural collapse, the worse monogamy gets.)
4. Sugar babies should always be FBs. For you older men with higher incomes doing sugar daddy game or any variation thereof, make sure these women are always FBs and nothing but FBs. Barring extremely rare and bizarre exceptions to the rule, actually getting into a real, dating relationship with a sugar baby is a terrible idea with multiple time bombs built into the system that can and will explode in your face at any moment. For the love of god, don’t do it.
5. Be nice to your FBs. The F in FB stands for friend. These women are your friends. Treat them as well as you treat a friend. Better even. (Just don’t cross the line into any dating behaviors.)
Often, some of your FBs can become very close friends. I have many FBs and ex-FBs who I consider strong friends whom I care for very deeply. (As friends, of course.)
Never make the rookie or Alpha Male 1.0 mistake of treating your FBs like whores or unimportant pieces of ass. The entire objective of the Alpha Male 2.0 model is long-term relationships that you can rely upon for many, many years. You’re not going to have FBs stick around very long if you treat them like crap, or even with polite indifference. If you really want the freedom to treat women like shit, stick with prostitutes (assuming you can afford them).
Want over 35 hours of how-to podcasts on how to improve your woman life and financial life? Want to be able to coach with me twice a month? Want access to hours of technique-based video and audio? The SMIC Program is a monthly podcast and coaching program where you get access to massive amounts of exclusive, members-only Alpha 2.0 content as soon as you sign up, and you can cancel whenever you want. Click here for the details.