Update On The Weight Loss Thing
A while back I promised that I would give everyone a discount on my stuff if I was able to get to my goal weight of 195.8 pounds by today. The bad news is that I didn’t make it. Didn’t even get close. Sucks. My weight loss goal was pretty aggressive and spanned the holidays which is the worst time of the year to lose weight. Not an excuse; it’s 100% my fault, as is everything in my life.
On the minor bright side, I am down another 10 pounds. I was at 228.4 pounds earlier; here’s a pic of my scale from this morning:
I try to stay positive when I badly miss goals like this, since my natural tendency is to beat myself up. So on the bright side:
– I did lose about 10 pounds. That’s something.
– 218 is the lowest weight I’ve been this entire year.
– I lost weight and maintained a net weight loss through two trips, Pink Firefly’s birthday, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, which is something I’ve never done in my entire life and something most Americans will never accomplish.
– I’ve maintained my intense workout regimen without missing a single day (other than predesignated rest days). Though frankly, lack of exercise has never been my issue. (I love to exercise; weight lifting, cardio, stretching, fucking, I love it all. Food has been my problem, not exercise.)
– I’ve gained a little muscle mass based on some of the measurements I’ve been taking. (Thank goodness for TRT!)
– As I’ve discussed in the last post about this and at my other blog, after eight years of trying to lose weight I’ve finally found a system that works consistently for me. That’s big.
This whole thing illustrates the concept I’ve talked before, in that of the triad of money, women, and fitness…
- There will be certain areas where you are naturally gifted and skilled. They will come somewhat easily to you and you will be confused when others can’t get the same quality results you can.
- There will be areas at which you really suck, but, if you put in some real time and effort into it, you will eventually get good at it.
- There will be areas at which you really suck and where you will struggle a lot, for a long time, even if you do everything right. (You just gotta hang in there and keep at it. And yeah. It sucks.)
For me, business was category 1, women was category 2, overall health and fitness has been category 2 but losing body fat specifically has been a huge category 3. Every man is different so for you this triad may look very different from mine.
I’ll keep at it and keep you all updated. Go Time is just about to start which is the best time to lose weight. Onward!
Want over 35 hours of how-to podcasts on how to improve your woman life and financial life? Want to be able to coach with me twice a month? Want access to hours of technique-based video and audio? The SMIC Program is a monthly podcast and coaching program where you get access to massive amounts of exclusive, members-only Alpha 2.0 content as soon as you sign up, and you can cancel whenever you want. Click here for the details.