Different Types of Alpha Male 2.0 Relationship Models
Not all Alpha Male 2.0s are the same. There are 2.0s of differing types, ages, personalities, goals, and preferences. This will be the first in a series of posts where I cover the various types and structures that fall under the Alpha Male 2.0 umbrella. It’s a big mistake to assume that “all Alpha Male 2.0s are just like Blackdragon.” It’s not the case at all. As a matter of fact, I’ve been surprised at how many men I’ve met who follow the Alpha 2.0 system (or at least a close variation of it) that are completely unlike me.
Today, I’ll describe the various types of nonmonogamous relationship structures followed by Alpha 2.0s. Some of these I like, some I dislike, some I feel neutral about, but all fall under the Alpha Male 2.0 structure of maximum freedom, maximum sex (and companionship, if it’s desired), minimum drama, and minimum rules.
None of these structures are objectively better than any other. It’s strictly a matter of opinion. Specifically, a matter of what you like and prefer based on your personality type, age, and lifestyle objectives. They all “work.” Your job is to pick the best one for you, which may not the best for me, your best friend, or any other other Alpha Male 2.0.
They are listed in no particular order.
1. Multiple MLTRs and FBs – This is the most obvious and typical Alpha Male 2.0 model, and the one I’ve used the most in the past. It’s when you have a harem of 1-3 MLTRs and 1-3 FBs all at the same time. Some women come, some go. Some women are consistent, some are not. Some are serious (MLTRs) some are not (FBs). Usually you’ll have one MLTR that you consider your “main girl” that you like the most and may be girlfriend-ish, but not quite.
This is a model built from a strong sense of abundance. It’s for Alpha 2.0s with higher sex drives who enjoy relationships, but who don’t have a strong need for pair bonding.
Upsides: High freedom, exciting, emotional connection(s).
Downsides: No pair bonding, can be a little expensive if you’re not careful, can be difficult to schedule all the women in your life.
2. Nothing but FBs – This model is the least expensive of all the models listed here. It also offers the second-highest level of freedom (just under the guy who only uses escorts). It’s when all the women in your life are FBs. There are never any MLTRs or OLTR. There’s no dating, just lots of sex with multiple FBs, as many or as little as you like.
The advantages are huge. They’re all FBs, so you never need to take them out or spend any money. None of them ever require ‘The Talk’ (since they’re all FBs), nor require very much of your time. Drama is pretty much zero.
Upsides: Ultra-high amount of freedom, lowest amount of drama, most inexpensive of all other Alpha 2.0 relationship models, lots of sex.
Downsides: No pair bonding, no emotional connection (other than friendship).
3. Sugar Daddy Game – This is a model for over-30, higher-income Alpha 2.0s. It’s where you sex hot young women very quickly via sugar daddy dating sites, often paying these women or at least paying for more expensive dates. It’s not my thing, but I describe the pros and cons in more detail here. It’s a very fast and efficient way to get laid with very hot girls, but it’s expensive, pair bonding is virtually impossible, and long-term relationships (even casual ones) are also virtually impossible unless you want to shell out money for them.
Upsides: Super hot women, very fast sex, much less game required, high amount of freedom.
Downsides: Expensive, ongoing relationships of any kind are virtually impossible (unless you pay).
4. Escorts – This means you have sex with hookers and no one else. It’s very similar to sugar daddy game except you’re using professional hookers/escorts instead of sugar babies, and it’s often less expensive, particularly if you live outside of the Western world. It’s fast, efficient, you get exactly what you want, but you have to pay for it and actual relationships are virtually impossible. Depending on where you live and what kinds of women you like, you may need to manage STD risk and prostitution illegality as well.
Upsides: Ultra-high freedom, very fast sex, zero game required.
Downsides: Expensive, ongoing relationships of any kind are virtually impossible, possible illegality and STD risks.
5. OLTR – I’ve talked about this at length at this blog and in my books. You have one committed, pair bonded girlfriend but you’re allowed to play around on the side within ground rules, and the side-women must all be FBs or one night stands (no MLTRs or other OLTRs allowed).
This is the ideal model for Alpha 2.0s with stronger pair bonding needs. It also looks more normal to those around you than many of the other models, so social acceptance is higher. However, you have a girlfriend, which means the drama quotient is higher and the freedom levels are lower. Also, the OLTR model very often turns into De Facto Monogamy when guys get complacent.
Upsides: Love, pair bonding, more societal acceptance, decent amount of sex.
Downsides: Little less freedom, little more drama, strong risk of getting lazy and becoming de facto monogamous.
6. OLTR with One Rotating FB – This is the model I’m working up to as I get older, and the OLTR model that involves the least amount of work and time. You have just two women in your life; your OLTR and just one FB on the side. When the FB LSNFTEs you, you quickly replace her with a new one. Ideally, you have a second FB on “hot standby” for when this happens. It helps if you have built up a large roster of returning MLTRs/FBs over the years, providing a steady stream of quick FB replacements without having to go back to daygame, night game, or the dating sites.
It’s a great model for older or busier Alpha 2.0s. You have a consistent, long-term OLTR with rotating FBs on the side, but no more than two active women at one time (your OLTR and single active FB). You don’t have as many women as with many of the other models, but it takes far less time than almost all other nonmonogamy models and it’s a great way to help avoid the OLTR risk of de facto monogamy.
Upsides: Love, pair bonding, more societal acceptance, decent amount of sex, easy on the schedule.
Downsides: Little less freedom, little more drama.
7. OLTR with Escorts/Sugar Babies – Under this model, an Alpha 2.0 has an OLTR but instead of FBs on the side, he pays escorts or sugar babies. This costs much more money obviously, but takes way less time. It’s best for busy, higher-income Alpha 2.0s.
Upsides: Love, pair bonding, more societal acceptance, decent amount of sex, very little time requirement for side-women.
Downsides: Little less freedom, little more drama, costs a lot more money.
8. Swinger – This is when you and your OLTR (girlfriend or wife) have sex, as a couple, with other couples. Unlike with other nonmonogamous models, you are not allowed to go out independently and have sex with whomever you want. Your OLTR must be intimately involved at all times. The good news is that you can “watch” your OLTR in ways your normally can’t, keeping jealousy and fear lower for the both of you. The bad news is that you’re not free; in some ways it’s pretty much like monogamy.
I personally do not like the swinger model at all, since it’s the most restrictive of all these models and has a stronger beta male feel to it. However, I have to admit that the men (and women) I’ve met who are swingers are very happy with it and really enjoy it. Since happiness is the goal of the Alpha 2.0, I will include the swinger model here since it seems to work well for men with certain personality types.
The downside is that it’s much less free. You’re 100% reliant on your OLTR to go along with it, and if she doesn’t, you’re out of luck (and essentially monogamous). Also, often the women you’ll have sex on the side with won’t be nearly as hot. When your OLTR wants to hook up with a guy with an uglier wife/GF, you’ll sometimes have to “take one for the team” and have sex with women you don’t find that attractive.
The upside is that you’ll always be able to monitor your OLTR which reduces angst and jealousy over what she might be doing when you’re not around (and the same is true of her worrying about you). Again, I don’t like this because of the outcome dependence involved, but many men do.
Upsides: Love, pair bonding, less jealousy, more social acceptance.
Downsides: Very little freedom compared to other Alpha 2.0 models (almost like monogamy), more drama, requires your OLTR to constantly agree and participate, side women often won’t be good-looking.
9. OLTR Marriage – A model I’ve discussed many times including here and here. It’s the same as the three OLTR models described above except you actually live with your OLTR in the same home, either part time (via Virtual Live-In OLTR or Dual Live-In OLTR, as explained in my books) or full time. You’re either legally married with an enforceable prenuptial agreement, or not legally married at all (not legally married is much better) with an enforceable co-habitation agreement instead.
You’re still having sex with women on the side (but no MLTRs) and your finances are 100% separate from hers. No joint accounts, assets, debts, or leases with your OLTR, though you can still take care of her financially if you like.
Because of the nature of living with a female, your freedom drops about 10-30% and drama goes up about 10-30%, depending on various factors, no matter how good you are. You fully understand this, and you accept that is the price you pay for living with your special lady. Unlike the typical married guy, you can still go out and get laid and have a lot more legal protections for your cash. However, having sex with side-women becomes more logistically difficult so you need to pre-plan on ways around this (step one would be to buy my book on the subject, where I discuss various methods Alpha 2.0s use when they live with an OLTR).
This is a good model for more traditionally-minded Alpha 2.0s who prefer living with a woman, or those over age 40, or those Alpha 2.0s who want kids. I will very likely be pursuing this option myself at some point (I’m in that over 40 demographic).
Upsides: Love, co-habitation, strong pair bonding, social acceptance, decent amount of sex, children if you want them.
Downsides: Less freedom, more drama, slightly more legal/financial risks, increased difficulty with logistics regarding having sex with side-women.
10. Platonic Wife with FBs – This model is a little rarer, but I’ve spoken with many men who have it. It’s when you’re married or living with a wife/GF, but the two of you don’t have sex any more. Instead, you have sex with FBs on the side and your wife either openly allows it or quietly tolerates it. You don’t want to get divorced, because you have kids and want what’s best for them, and other than the lack of sex the marriage is good.
Under this model, you’re likely going to get divorced once your last child moves out of the house. Therefore, Platonic Wife with FBs is usually a “do it for the children” play.
Upsides: Co-habitation, social acceptance, decent amount of sex, children if you want them.
Downsides: Less freedom, higher amount of drama, much more legal/financial risks, increased difficulty with logistics regarding having sex with side-women, definitely going to get a divorce later that will screw up your finances.
11. Platonic Wife with Side OLTR – This is a bizarre one that’s even more rare than Platonic Wife with FBs, yet I have spoken with several men who live like this, particularly wealthier men or Europeans. It violates the primary rule of OLTR (she’s the only one you’re pair bonded to), but it still can work for Alpha 2.0s who are very strong and don’t mind a little more drama in their lives.
It’s the same as Platonic Wife with FBs except that you actually don’t love your wife at all. You’re just living with her for parenting (gotta do it “for the kids”), financial, religious, cultural or legal reasons. It’s strictly a marriage of convenience. You actually have a full-on girlfriend (OLTR) on the side who you love or at least have strong feelings for, and you’re pair bonded to her instead of your pretend wife.
This model is complicated and takes a lot of work. It requires a man with a supreme level of confidence, a higher drama tolerance, and likely a higher income, since it often also requires you to spend a lot of money on hotels and/or a second residence.
Upsides: Love, co-habitation, social acceptance, decent amount of sex, children if you want them.
Downsides: Less freedom, much more drama, more legal/financial risks, increased difficulty with logistics regarding having sex with side-women, have to deal with drama from both your wife and your OLTR on a regular basis, often costs more money, going to very likely get a divorce later that will screw up your finances.
In the next article in this series, I will cover the different types of Alpha Male 2.0 men. Stay tuned.