Getting The OKCupid “Most Attractive” Email
As I posted about a little while back, I’ve been using brand new photos with a brand new profile for my current online dating blitz. I put a lot of thought into the photos and used almost every technique I’ve learned and tested, within the very limited range of looks I’m capable of and my mediocre physical appearance.
I’ve also talked about how I’ve been working very hard to lose weight this year, and I’m happy to say I’m making real headway. I lost a big chunk of weight early in the early in the year, kept almost all of it off, even kept it off during my long trip to Asia, and now I’ve been losing even more. I now weigh the lowest I’ve weighed in several years, and for the first time when I look in the mirror, that good-looking Blackdragon from years ago is just starting to look back.
I still have another 20 pounds to go before I start looking decent and another 10 after that before I look as good as I possibly can without radically altering my lifestyle, which is my endgame goal. I’ll nail those pounds sooner or later. Early next year I’ll also be addressing my baldness and a few other physical appearance issues, so by the time I hit age 40 next April, I’ll look as good as I did when I was 25.
Better even, since I’m under the opinion that usually older men tend to look better, tougher, rougher, and more masculine than young guys. Just my opinion of course (and yes, I felt that way when I was a young guy…I hated my baby face back then.) I’ve even made the decision that once I lose those last 30 pounds I’m going to start doing daygame again, since in daygame good looks can boost your results even more than with online game. When you’re often sarging up chicks who can be 20 years younger than you, you need all the help you can get!
(No, I will never abandon online game, which is and always will be my primary method of bringing new women into my life. Online game is far more time management friendly than daygame or night game or any other kind of game; that’s part of its appeal.)
But I digress…
The weight loss and the new photos have helped my online dating results, as I assumed they would. I’ll post more about my specific results in a few weeks when my online blitzes are all done and I’ve added a few new women to the open relationships roster. In the meantime, I just received this email from OKCupid. It’s interesting for several reasons.
We just detected that you’re now among the most attractive people on OkCupid.
We learned this from clicks to your profile and reactions to you in Quickmatch and Quiver. Did you get a new haircut or something?
Well, it’s working!
To celebrate, we’ve adjusted your OkCupid experience:
You’ll see more attractive people in your match results.
This won’t affect your match percentages, which are still based purely on your answers and desired match’s answers. But we’ll recommend more attractive people to you. You’ll also appear more often to other attractive people.
Sign in to see your newly-shuffled matches. Have fun, and don’t let this go to your head.
At first I thought, “This is some bullshit stock email OKCupid eventually sends to everyone.” Then I thought about it and realized that I’ve been on OKCupid, off and on, for many years now, and I’ve never received an email like this. Hm.
Here’s why this is interesting:
1. The big joke here is that I’m not hot. Trust me, I’m not. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not bad looking, but I’m not hot. I DO know how to present myself very well. That’s a critical skill if you want to get laid. But on the good-looking man scale, I’m probably a 6 most of the time, a very low 7 on my best days.
If I work really, really hard, if I’m wearing my full business suit, and I got plenty of sleep last night, and the lighting is perfect, and I aim my face so my double chin isn’t as visible, and I hold my stomach in, and Mars and Jupiter align correctly, I might be able to pull off an 8 for a few hours…but even that is very generous. I’m really not that hot.
2. That being said, the photos I am now using are way better than the photos I had. I’ve always said that 80% of your success online is the photos you use, and everything that’s happened to me and everyone I know simply reinforces that. I’m not surprised at all that I’m getting better ratings and more incoming emails from chicks on the dating sites. (Sadly, most of the women opening me are my age, and since I don’t online date women over age 30 any more, it’s a bittersweet victory).
3. I’m going to now (theoretically) get “better looking people” in my “match results”. What the fuck does that mean? My guess is that OKCupid’s stupid “Quickmatch” and “Quiver” features (two features I never use and never will since I prefer to chose whom I fuck, not some web site algorithm, thank you), will provide me with chicks who rank higher on their rating system. I also assume that women in my searches who are sorted by “Special Blend” (another stupid feature I never use) will render higher-ranked women further towards the top of the list.
4. What’s very interesting to me is for the first time, I am testing not answering any of OKCupid’s match questions. I’ve always hated these questions with a passion so this time with the new profile I just didn’t answer any of them. Every woman who sees me is going to a 0% percent match, 0% friend, 0% enemy. My photos and profile will have to stand on it’s own merits.
I don’t have enough numbers yet to know if this has effected me negatively or not, but I’ll let you know. I tend to doubt it, since I’ve laid women on OKCupid where my stupid “match percentage” for her was very low, so I don’t think those numbers are something most women put a lot of stock into. Regardless I’m surprised I received an email like this from OKCupid knowing I never bothered to fill out their stupid questions (the vast majority of which are made for the enjoyment of women, not men).
5. If the email is being truthful, this means that I will show up in more women’s Quickmatches and Quivers. Which I suppose is a good thing. However, again, most women who email me are over the age of 30 so I don’t expect anything great to come of it. (But you never know.)
6. Because the improvement is (likely) in features I never use, I don’t plan on this change making any difference in my dating / seduction experience. As with most features on online dating sites, this feature is geared more towards the ego-stroking of women.
7. Does this mean I was getting uglier people in my initial searches? If so, that sucks. One of the issues I have with OKCupid (other than it’s slowness and girly interface) is they do a lot of weird shit they don’t publish. For example, they say they have no daily sending limit, but I promise you they do…it’s just undocumented. Bastards. Now they’re putting ugly people in searches until you’re deemed “hot”? Lame.
As always, I’m tracking everything carefully and if I suddenly see a clear difference in the hotness of chicks I see in my searches (and subsequently have sex with), you’ll be the first to know. I’m just not holding my breath.
(Well, maybe a little. To make my stomach look smaller.)
Want over 35 hours of how-to podcasts on how to improve your woman life and financial life? Want to be able to coach with me twice a month? Want access to hours of technique-based video and audio? The SMIC Program is a monthly podcast and coaching program where you get access to massive amounts of exclusive, members-only Alpha 2.0 content as soon as you sign up, and you can cancel whenever you want. Click here for the details.