This is a rare exception to the rule where I ask you questions. For those of you who are more tech savvy, I’m in a bind and I really need your help.
I have vastly outgrown my shopping cart system and I need to upgrade it to something more flexible. Over the past few months I’ve looked at several options, but haven’t found anything that suits my needs.
I’m leaning towards something based in WooCommerce, but I’m completely flexible as to which system I use as long as it does what I need and it isn’t too expensive.
Here’s a list of things I need a shopping cart to do. I need it to do all five of these things:
1. A shopping cart / delivery system that does PDF stamping, like my current system, where the email address, IP address, name, and various other information from the buyer is stamped into every page of the PDF right before its downloaded.
2. Have certain products automatically added to the shopping cart when certain other products are added. So if a customer puts in item A into the shopping cart, items B and C are also added. If later, he adds item D, item E is also added. And, those products should be automatically removed if the first item is removed, so if the customer removes item D, item E is instantly removed from the cart as well.
3. Have certain discounts be applied automatically to certain products based on other items in the shopping cart. So if the customer adds item A, then later adds item B, it discounts the entire total, based on a formula. And, the discounts must vanish if those extra products are then removed.
4. Have a list of other products displayed at the bottom (or the side) of the shopping cart for easy adding.
5. Have an upsell screen that pops up when they go to complete their order, that offers a product they don’t have in the shopping cart, at a big discount. Any products added this way need to adhere to rules 1-4 above.
If any of you know a shopping cart system that does all five of the above items, or a developer who can set up all five of the above items for me, please leave me a comment or email me and let me know. FYI I’m not interested in any solution that costs thousands upon thousands of dollars, since I’m not asking for very much.
I will ignore any comments or emails that say “I’m not sure if they do all five, but you might want to check out this company…” No. That’s a waste of my time, and I don’t have a lot of time. I know of many shopping cart systems that do some of the above, but none that do all five of the above items. I’m only interested in hearing from guys who know with 100% certainly that a certain system or developer can give me all five of those items.
I will also ignore any comments or emails from any of you trying to sell me your services unless you have already set up at least three other shopping cart systems that I can demo for myself. Seriously, any emails I get that say “I’ve never set up a shopping cart, but I could set one up for you BD!” will be instantly deleted.
For you techie guys, please help me out, if you can. This shopping cart thing has been a real pain in my ass and a source of consternation for my customers, and I need something that operates smoothly. Let me know where I can get a shopping cart solution that is easy to use for my customers, if you know of any (and that does all five of the above items).
Thank you! And sorry for the distraction.