Do you disagree with me about anything? Think I’m full of shit?
Awesome! Now it’s your time to shine and get a little fame!
I am going to “televise” a debate on this blog. One person, anyone, will debate me on one topic, and it can be any topic that person wants. I did this back in 2012 and I think it’s time to do it again.
YOU can be this person.
Simply put a comment on this blog post or email me directly (theonlyblackdragon @ gmail.com). Tell me what topic you would like to debate me on. You can be ANYONE: a hater, a feminist, a fellow manosphere guy who disagrees with me on something, ANYONE. Your topic can be ANYTHING you disagree with me on, literally anything on any topic. Older guys dating younger women, monogamy, marriage, saving society, online game, daygame, relationships, politics, ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING is up for grabs.
So if you disagree with me or think I’m terrible, let me know in the comments below (or email).
Once I get enough responses I will select someone and we’ll debate it here on this blog. If I get a lot of responses and I don’t choose you, don’t worry. I will do this again shortly and you’ll get first dibs when I do it. I think I’d like to make this a regular feature of this blog.
The debate will only have five simple rules:
1. We will debate back-and-forth over email. You can choose who starts. I will post whatever you say here unedited via copy and paste. I will not edit anything you write, unless you specifically ask me to or if what you’re saying might get me into legal trouble if I posted it publicity (like libelous stuff against a third party). But other than that, you’ll be completely un-edited. Say whatever you want!
2. To keep the debate under control, there will be a limit of 1700 characters (including spaces) per response. That means when you email me your response you’ll have to do a character count (Microsoft Word and other word processors do this automatically). I will abide by the same limitation.
3. The first person to make an ad hominem personal attack against the other, even an implied one, instantly loses the debate and the other person wins by default. Clearly sarcastic remarks don’t count towards this and are perfectly fine.
This is how I view debates in real life anyway. When I’m debating an issue with someone, and I state a fact / position / observation backing up my point, and the person responds with a “Fuck you” or “You just think you know everything,” then I know I’ve won. If I was truly wrong, the person could prove me wrong with facts. But if all he/she has is anger and personal attacks, it pretty much proves I’ve hit the target.
4. You need to stay on topic. Attempting to change the subject is another technique of a debater who knows he’s losing. I’ll do my best to keep you on-topic, but if you keep on veering off-topic, I’ll have to end the debate (and declare myself the winner). Again, I will abide by the same limitation.
5. We can’t debate forever, so if the debate seems to just be going on and on with no clear resolution, surrender, or compromise, I reserve the right to end the debate, and we’ll leave it up to the readers and commenters to decide who the winner is.
That’s it! Those are the rules. I hereby state publicly that I will adhere to the rules I set forth above, and my opponent or the audience are more than welcome to point out if I violate any of my own rules.
Beyond what’s above, I really have no set rules on how the winner is determined. Maybe one of us will surrender. Maybe it will be a tie. Maybe I’ll leave it up to the audience. Other than the above parameters, we’ll play it by ear.
One last thing about this. Contrary to what you might think, I am actually willing to change my mind on strongly-held issues. However, the only way I do that is with facts and cogent points, not emotions, anger, name-calling, or nitpicking. For example, I used to be very pro-death penalty. Now, I’m strongly anti-death penalty. Why? Because a very sharp guy once debated me on it, produced the facts, stated his case well, stayed calm and rational, and changed my mind. It can be done, folks. You just need to lay out your case and stay calm and factual.
That’s it! If you’re a hater or someone who has always wanted to prove me wrong, now is your moment! Comment or email me and let’s go!