I will give you $400 cash if you can write an online dating profile that best appeals to women. Interested?
This was a big hit when we did it last year, so we’re doing it again. Today officially begins the 2014 Online Dating Profile Contest, where you anonymously submit your profile text to be judged by real women, in competition against other submissions. There is a cash prize to the first place winners. Yes, that’s winners plural, since there can be multiple first place winners. I shall explain in a minute.
This contest is free to enter. Simply email us your ultimate profile text, the “About Me” section of an online dating profile. Write it in a way you think will attract the most women. Submissions will be screened by me and some helpers who will ensure they meet the submission requirements listed below. If it does, your profile will be read by a panel of female judges who will assign a 1-10 ranking on how likely the text would induce them to send you a message on a dating site.
At the end of the contest period, we will mathematically determine the winners by those who receive the highest average score. Results and submissions are all double-checked by a neutral third party to ensure accuracy and impartiality.
If you win first place, you get money! Second and third place winners will receive recognition on this blog. The top profile texts will be posted here on this blog in their entirety, so we can all learn from them.
We learned a few things when we did this last year, so this year will be an improvement. This time we will be holding two separate contests simultaneously. One contest will be for judges age 18-32, and a second contest for judges age 33-49. Any man may submit one profile for each of the two contests, which means you may submit up to two different profiles that appeal to the two different age groups of women. You may not submit more than one profile per age group.
The two contests are:
Contest A – Female judges age 18 to 32
Contest B – Female judges age 33 to 49
To be clear, you can enter both contests if you like, and possibly win both first prizes in each contest(!). But you many not enter the same contest twice…you can only submit one profile for each contest.
The prizes for both contests are identical. One person could possibly win multiple prizes from each contest.
First Prize: $200 cash (Remember, you could possibly win this twice, so it’s conceivable you could win $400 if you win both contest age groups.)
Second Prize: $50 credit towards any Blackdragon product or service, usable whenever you like.
Third Prize: Recognition on this blog
Interested? Here’s what you need to do:
1. Write up an “About Me” profile text and send it to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. NOW WAIT A MINUTE. READ THE “SUBMISSION RULES” SECTION BELOW BEFORE YOU SEND US ANYTHING, OR YOU’LL BE WASTING YOUR TIME. I’M NOT KIDDING. I’m talking about the text you would put in the top “About Me” section of an online dating profile where you can write whatever you want.
In your email you must state:
a. Which contest you want your submission to be placed in. (Contest A, Contest B, or both; yes, you may submit one profile for both contests if you wish. Just remember if you do that, it will be your only submission.)
b. Exactly how you would like to be identified publicly on this blog if your profile is a winner.
Anything sent to that email address that is not an online dating profile submission, as well as obvious spam or other crap will be deleted before it ever gets to the judges. Same goes for anything that has photos attached. No photos! This a text-only contest.
2. The deadline to get your profile text in is 8pm PST on Friday, April 4th. After that, the contest is over and we will no longer accept any more submissions. So don’t delay if you want a shot at that $400.
3. Your email address and name (if you include it) will be removed from your submission, then it will be given to our unmarried female judges (pictures of them below). Each judge of the correct age range in your contest contains will read your profile text. Then she will answer this one question:
“On a scale from one to ten, how much does this make me want to send this guy a message?”
Judges will rate each submission numerically on a scale from one to ten based on that factor alone – how likely she is to want to actually send you a message based on what you wrote.
4. At the end of the contest submission period we will collate all the answers from all the judges and mathematically choose the winners. To ensure my impartiality in the process:
a. I will not be judging anything, nor will I be involved in influencing our panel of judges in any way.
b. The one and only Chase Amante of Girls Chase will independently verify communication, answers, and collation of the judges’ data, to ensure impartiality and that no mistakes are made.
If there is a tie based on the judges’ answers, I will have all judges make a simple yes-or-no vote on the two final profiles to select a winner. (If for some bizarre reason there is still a tie after that, I will have Chase flip a coin.)
As the contest moves forward, I might post judges’ individual comments regarding the profiles they read, but that’s up to my discretion. The judges are also free to place comments on this blog post throughout the process, but that’s completely up to them.
5. I will announce the winners and publish all six winning profiles right here on this blog on Sunday, April 6th. I will publish the winning profile texts in their entirety so we can all learn from them.
6. The first place winner of each contest will immediately receive $200. If you are the first place winner of both contests, you will receive $400. I will pay you in American dollars via either PayPal or by mailing you a money order drawn upon an American bank, your choice. Just remember that any and all transaction charges and/or mailing costs, including international ones, come out of your winnings. Second place winners will be notified and be able to use their $50 Blackdragon credit whenever they like.
The online dating profile text you email in MUST adhere to ALL of the following rules. READ THESE RULES. We had A LOT of guys submit invalid profiles last time. So please read these rules and remember them so you don’t waste your time or ours. If you submit a profile that does not adhere to the below rules, your profile entry will be immediately discarded, the judges will never see it, and you will NOT be notified this has been done. So again, read these rules and make sure you stick to them before you email us anything. Otherwise you’re just wasting your own time.
1. Your profile text must be less than 3000 characters. Most dating sites have character limits so we have to account for that. Before submitting, use a word processor like Microsoft Word to count the number of characters in your text (including spaces!) and make sure it’s under 3000.
2. Your profile text is strictly the part of the profile where you write out the “About Me” section. We are not talking here about all the other stuff you fill out in a profile (like the “I’m Really Good At” section, or your height or income or answers to quiz questions).
3. Your profile text must be in readable, understandable English.
4. You cannot use any names of any real people in your profile text. You cannot identify yourself by name in your profile text.
5. You cannot make any promises in your profile text that cannot be fulfilled by the typical, middle class American man. For example, if you start talking about how you’re going to pick her up in your private jet, or romance her with a $5000 bottle of wine for your first date, or imply you’re famous, or anything like that, your submission will be rejected.
6. You cannot offer money or gifts to women in your profile text. We’re not here to attract a bunch of gold diggers. (Offering the usual stuff, like dancing, romance, dinner, drinks, etc, is acceptable…if you really think offering that stuff will get women turned on and want to message you, that is.)
7. Do not submit any photos. NO PHOTOS will be included in your profile text and none will be submitted to our judges. Our judges will be judging you based on your profile text alone, that’s it. (That’s the entire point here.) We all know that women are attracted to more attractive men already, so we don’t need a contest to confirm that (duh).
Our Panel of Judges
Our requirements for selecting judges were based on duplicating as best as possible the type of woman most guys would be messaging on a dating site. Therefore the requirements were that they must be female, unmarried, not living with a boyfriend, and not overweight. They are all real women who are really going to be reading your profiles, but some of their names are not their real ones.
Judges For Contest A
Judges For Contest B
Any questions, just let me know in the comments or over on the contact page.