It’s been just over a month since the revamp, and in the interim we’ve listened to your input and made a few improvements around here, including:
1. Changed the font to make it more readable.
2. Fixed several problems with the subscriptions function. If you tried subscribing to this blog, or to the business blog or my personal blog in the last 30 days, you might want to re-subscribe again. We had some technical problems but they’re now fixed.
3. Moved to a private server. All three blogs, especially this one, are much faster than they were a few weeks ago.
4. Several other improvements and tweaks, such as a previous/next navigator at the bottom of every post that we didn’t have before.
If I could ask a few very small favors of you:
1. If you find anything you have ever read here of value, put your email in the upper right corner and subscribe (even if you think you already did so in the last 30 days). I will never send you spam of any kind, just article updates for this blog, that’s it.
2. If while reading some older posts you find any dead links, font problems (like one sentence with unusually small fonts), typos, or strange characters, please email me and let me know. Since the revamp I’ve seen a few of these dangling around in some of the older posts.
3. Click right here to like me on Facebook if you have not already. You’re welcome to follow me on Twitter also, but my Facebook following is lagging behind. This is mostly my fault, since historically I haven’t been as active on Facebook as I am on Twitter, though this has changed.
4. As always, please do let me know if you have any suggestions that would make this blog a more valuable resource to you. While the CJ Blog is just for me to play around, the Blackdragon Blog is for YOU, not me. Sublime Your Time I also consider to be yours. So if you think this blog could be improved in any way, do let me know. I’m all ears. I will continue to make improvements based on your input.
Average daily traffic here has almost doubled in the last 40 days since the revamp. I’m going to work hard over the next 2-3 months to double it again. You guys made this possible. I can’t thank you enough.
Just so you know, I’m in this for the long haul. I’m not going to suddenly vanish off the scene someday because of a marriage or new kids or a new girlfriend, like so many other guys end up doing. If I won $100 million in the lottery tomorrow I would still do this. When I started the Blackdragon business back in 2009, I put a minimum 15 year time horizon on this endeavor. So I’m not even halfway done.
I’m here to stay, to help you, to yell at you when you need it, and to help you with the knowledge and skills I wish I had when I was younger and trying to figure all this stuff out.
Much more to come. Your (not so) humble servant,