Update, January 2013: Kobe and his wife have “called off” the divorce. His begging must have worked.
I really wasn’t going to comment on this. Kobe’s divorce is the standard divorce you and I have seen a thousand times now. Guy cheats, woman gets pissed, guy says he’s sorry and Won’t Do It Again™, does it again, woman files for divorce.
If people just stopped expecting monogamy we could avoid all of this upset and silliness, but I guess they’d rather have drama and divorce. So fine. I really have nothing to add to it other than to say “How many times do I have to be right?” and “When will men figure this out and stop marrying women?”
BUT THEN I saw the above video on my favorite YouTube news channel, those liberals over at Young Turks. It’s soooooo good. Stop right now and watch it if you haven’t yet.
1. How the woman defends the fact that Kobe pays 50% plus child support plus alimony for the rest of his life. “But that’s how divorce works in a lot of cases!” Like that makes it right.
2. How the main guy (his name is Cenk, pronounced “Jenk”) was honest about the fact Kobe probably did cheat on his wife “a million times”, which I sure he did. Monogamy doesn’t work. People cheat. Eventually. Kobe’s a famous, ultra-wealthy, good-looking guy, thus like Tiger Woods, his CTF is very low.
3. How the Asian guy was getting upset that Cenk was giving California divorce law a bad name. Or something. He really did seem upset that Cenk was complaining about how stupid this all is. Notice how he said the exact same thing the woman said, “Hey, that’s just how it works!” as if it’s perfectly justified and the end of the conversation and we shouldn’t be complaining about it.
Occasionally (though not often) I will debate with men like this, feminine betas who think that 50% of assets plus alimony plus child support is a perfectly fine thing to give a woman and to give women less is being misogynistic. Amazing. Feminism, misandry, and societal programming have done their work well.
By the way, the Asian guy (who is an attorney I believe) was wrong about the alimony. He’s right in that she doesn’t automatically receive lifetime alimony, but per California law, because the marriage was longer than ten years, Kobe’s wife could indeed end up with alimony for the rest of her life if she plays the system right, which if she’s married to a multibazillionare like Kobe, she will.
She indeed waited past that magical California 10 year-mark on purpose (many married women in California do this…wait exactly 10 years before divorcing their husbands).
Mark my words, she will be getting alimony from Kobe for the rest of her life or very close to it. (Unless she actually marries someone else…but why the fuck would she do that? Alimony is based on the dude’s income! She’s going to get more money than a lottery winner).
4. How Cenk’s math was right. If she receives 50% of the assets plus child support plus alimony for a very long time, she gets way more than 50% of Kobe’s current asset value. The Asian guy was bothered by Cenk saying that, but it’s completely accurate. Cenk was not “propagandizing it” or “overstating it”. He was stating truth. Truth more people need to hear.
5. How the woman didn’t think Kobe’s wife purposely waited exactly 10.5 years before she divorced him. Oh no. Of course she didn’t.
6. How the woman paused HARD when Cenk asked her if the wife was right to wait past the 10 year mark. Go to the 4:30 in the video and watch her squirm. Then finally she implies that because the woman was so angry at Kobe, it was justified. I love chick logic.
I just loved this discussion. It’s so representative of the rational view, the beta male view, and the feminine view. All they needed to say was:
1. Most men cannot be monogamous for long stretches, almost always end up cheating if the relationship lasts long enough, so women shouldn’t expect eternal monogamy from men in the first place.
2. A man should not be forced to pay a woman that much money during or after a divorce.
3. The law should not incentivize women to wait ten years (or any set amount of time) before divorcing a guy for an extra financial bonus.
But see, that would be rational. So we’re going to get a lot of chick logic and societal programming and misandry and anger and defensiveness instead. 🙂
P.S. – Some of you female or beta male readers will probably be thinking “Is this Blackdragon guy defending Kobe? He fucking cheated on his wife over and over again! Of course he should get raped! Serves him right!”
Of course he shouldn’t have cheated. I am completely against cheating and I’ve never cheated on anyone in my entire life, even when I was married for nine years. (Even though I wanted to, and notice I got divorced anyway.) Cheating is bad, lying is bad, I am against both. For record, Kobe is a dipshit and a beta male and a pussy and a liar and I’ve always had zero respect for the man. None of that changes the fact that:
1. She should not have expected a man like Kobe to be monogamous forever, regardless of what he promised. THAT’S INSANE, and women are not stupid.
2. She does not deserve all that money. Is she due a hunk of money from him to help take care of their kids? Absolutely! But 50% of his assets plus massive child support (based on his massive income) plus massive alimony (also based on his massive income) for (most likely) the rest of her life? No. Again, THAT’S INSANE.